Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What I'm I Doing Up Sooo Late???

Well, I have been told I haven't wrote anything on my blog since my wife found out I had it so to all the nay-sayers... ha... this blog is for you.

Could things be any crazier right now? My wife and I seem to have the busy times of the month at the same time and I don't know how she feels, but boy, I am feeling stressed! Basically if I do more of what I should do during the day it would ease things but best made plans don't always work out. My wife and I make a great team... we just have to remember that and call in our reinforcements when we need to. That is of course one of the reasons we moved back to FW. I am taking next week off from work and it seems that all the deadlines are quickly approaching either this week or next (when I am supposed to be off, so its this week for me). Figure it would be that way though, right? It will be nice to have a week off and not think (as much as normal) about work. I am looking forward to spending more 1:1 time with our youngest next week and then all the family for the Turkey holiday.

Still haven't made much progress on growing our emergency fund or finding a church... not reading a book either. Yeah, I'm slacking off. We are working on our budget and trying to be really good with unfixed expenses so we have more control over our $$$. We made good progress this past month and think if we stayed focused, we can keep doing better. Can't wait till we get our tax refund and have more of a buffer in place for the "what if's" of life.

We really need to get tied into a church here in Ft Wayne... I feel we are kind of just blowing in the wind with little direction. Plus I heard recently that children who do not go to church on a regular basis are more likely to be involved with drugs and alcohol. Obviously we don't want that and I know our kids know that Christianity is an important part of our life... its just time for mom and dad to start walking the walking instead of just talking a lot.

I also need to get back on track with reading/listening audio books. If I am not moving forward I am moving backwards and I don't want that to happen. Rotting fruit does look, feel, or smell good!!!

The biggest thing is I need to start working out and eating healthier... I bet when my wife reads this she said "yeah, duh, no shit". One, any, all??? I am still working on getting my BP under control but I need to start walking at minimum to increase my physical activity. I mean, when my pulse goes over 100 just walking around a grocery store that is sad. I watch shows like "The Biggest Loser" and have "eye ball sweat" when I see dads talk about being there for their kids or not being able to do what they want to with their kids b/c of their weight. My family means everything to me and is the driving force in my life. I can't let myself check out early on them! I have to make changes so I am here to annoy them when they are older and have kids of their own. Plus I see my mom and how much she misses my dad (how much she wants him to be here to experience things with her) and I don't want to do that to my wife. I need to live to be old so I annoy her too. Plus if I kick off early she gets to spend all the money we are putting back for retirement and that wouldn't be cool.

Well its 4am so I better get 3-4 hrs of sleep so that I can somewhat function tomorrow. That's my current perspective.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I had posted a comment - but just to let you know that if you die early I am getting a dog and it will pee on all your stuff and chew up the carpet! So get healthier and don't die on me! On another note, we REALLY do need to find a church.

    ReplyDelete