Well from the looks of it this has been the blog of May. Not my original intention but hey what ever works out the way you thought it would. Finally feel that I am getting a good grasp of what my "job" involves so maybe a return to reality will be good... and I will try to blog more too.
Went to the doctor recently and he had great things to say. Like, "well you don't smoke and you're not an alcoholic...". That's the part of reality that I am not facing yet. That I need to take steps over the next several weeks, months, years to ensure I don't die in my sixties like my dad. Hey, if I do then I don't have to go before one of Obama's death panels. This will be one of my greatest battles over the next several years and I can only rely on me to get it done. I have a follow up appointment in a month so we will see how things are at that point.
Even though I'm not going to be going to school in the fall I was thinking that I should come up with goals for myself (six month time frame) that I can reach for and achieve. I used to do this when I was in school and with my wife going back to school this fall it reminded me of what I had done before. Like the fact that I made the Dean's List for the two years leading up to my graduation as a result. The two years of school in which my life was thrown into adulthood with having a kid, a job that made ends meet, in-laws, etc.
A razor sharp focus will lead to a successful future. To improve myself mentally and physically. To be an example to my children that I am proud that they look up to. To be a husband my wife is grateful to be married to. To be a man successful at whatever endeavor I take on. Over the coming weeks I will brainstorm these goals and post them.
Till then stay cool as summer has finally came to Indiana.
Your greatest struggle will be your greatest victory.
ReplyDelete