Friday, May 22, 2009

Carb Day and TGIF!!!

Well it's Friday before the greatest weekend in racing and I couldn't have a harder time focusing on work! Its been a good week overall. Stayed pretty much on task for work and have done well at being a good husband too. It truly is the little things that make the difference.

Speaking of having to work today... what I should be doing today is going down to Indy to go to the Indy Lights race and Carb Day concert. We have made pretty good plans for the weekend, don't get me wrong, but something should be said for making a grandiose display out of it on more than just Sunday. Camping, three days of consumption, and having a great time. Not to mention the memories that will last a lifetime and then some. The other thought is when do I start taking my son to the race? He is eight this year and made it through a couple hours of qualification last year. I am thinking another year or two and it will be worth giving a shot. Then when he is in his sixties, he can say "This is my 50th Indy 500". My other son, who is currently just a few months short of 2 years old, will have to wait a few more years.

Ladies and gentlemen... start your engines! I mean, GET BACK TO WORK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment