Thursday, May 7, 2009

I love the month of May!!!

Well, here I am and I already missed a day blogging...

Have you ever had a time that you thought you wanted something so bad and when you got it, it was completely anti-climactic? I have. My wife and I thought that moving back to home would be great for us. Maybe we were disillusioned about the situation but we thought it would be a great experience. Yes, some things fell through and people didn't do what they said they would but even with that in the past, now being back for almost 9 months, all we talk about is how much we miss living in Indy. Are we stuck living in the past???

I think a lot of the benefits of living closer to family are out weighed by the additional drama that we know happens with family.

My wife is going back to school for a nursing degree, which I think is a big step for her. I think she has sold herself short ever since she previously was in school and dropped out. She wasn't "smart enough" to finish. I know a lot of dumb people who got degrees. It has little to do with how smart you are and more about putting in the time and jumping through the hoops professors put in your way. Your real education occurs when you actually start working. One of the biggest things that you need is people skills. And they really don't teach you that in college. I wish her the best and have complete confidence that she will kick butt!!!

Practice has begun at the Indy 500 and I couldn't be happier! The month of May is the greatest next to my birthday and Christmas. : ) I was in Indy for training today and got to listen to live broadcast all afternoon. Even better than this whole day of training.

Nothing else really inspiring today, remember your mothers this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment